Soil Map Joiner
This document describes the Soil Map Joiner tools for ARC/INFO. This tool facilitates the mapjoining of adjacent detailed soil survey data. The tool is comprised of three parts:
- join.aml - an AML which joins two adjacent soil coverages
- joininfo.aml - an AML which concatenates the attribute tables for two soil coverages (called by join.aml)
- joinall - a UNIX script which joins all coverages found in the current workspace (by repeatedly calling join.aml)
Obtaining and Installing the tools
- Download the Soil Map Joiner tools (zip File).
- Extract the files and place them where they can be accessed
- Place join.aml and joininfo.aml in $ARCHOME/atool/arc or other directory where they can be accessed from the arc: prompt.
- Place joinall in /usr/local/bin or other directory where it can be called from the systems prompt.
- To join two soil coverages in the same workspace, type join at the arc: prompt.
- To join all the soil coverages in the same workspace, type join at the UNIX systems prompt.
Note that join will attempt to join all coverages in the current directory.
- Date Modified: