The Canadian Soil Information Service (CanSIS) manages and provides access to soil and land resource information on behalf of the federal, provincial, and territorial governments.
What do we do?
- Maintain the national repository of soil information (the NSDB)
- Publish soils data, maps, and associated reports
- Publish Canadian soil science standards and procedures
- Produce maps showing:
- the distribution of soils and their properties
- the suitability and/or capability of soils for various uses
- Provide soils expertise and advice
Who are our clients?
- Policy makers and researchers in:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Provincial and territorial ministries of agriculture and natural resources
- Other federal and provincial agencies
- Land use planners
- Natural resource managers in:
- parks and recreation
- water conservation
- environmental protection
- Farmers and agricultural producers
- Date Modified: