Canadian Soil Publications Archive – Manuals
Some links on this page open documents that have been archived on the Web. These documents include archived information that is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact CanSIS to request a format other than those available.
This archive contains historical documents created using older technologies such as manual and electronic typewriters. Hardcopy maps and soil survey reports were scanned into an electronic PDF format to prevent the loss of the information and to make the information more widely accessible through the Internet. Detailed soil survey reports are only available in the official language of the study area in question.
If the following content is not accessible to you, please contact us for assistance.
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
The following documents are available for downloading or viewing:
Ecological Land Classification
Soils of Canada
- The health of our soils: Toward sustainable agriculture in Canada
- Land Suitability Rating System for Agricultural Crops
- A Methodology for Evaluating Soils, Landscapes and Geology for Nutrient Management Planning in the Prairie Landscape
- RUSLE-FAC: Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation for Application in Canada
- Broad-scale Assessment of Agricultural Soil Quality in Canada Using Existing Land Resource Databases and GIS
- Land Potential Data Base Users' Handbook. 1989
- Peat Resources of Canada.
- The Canadian System of Soil Classification, 3rd edition
- The Canadian System of Soil Classification, 2nd Edition
- The Canadian System of Soil Classification, 1st Edition
- The System of Soil Classification for Canada 1974
- The System of Soil Classification for Canada 1970
- National Soil Survey Committee 1949